I posted this yesterday evening on my Instagram and as it was so quick and easy to prepare i thought i would share it with you on the blog too. Perfect for putting in the oven and leaving to cook while you’re chasing after crazy toddlers pretending to be zebras escaping sharks (yes this happens!) and equally perfect for batch cooking to throw into the freezer or leave in tupperware for meal prep. Also tasty on the barbecue in the summer with a grilled corn and a side of avocado dip for the wedges, mmmm.
As usual, my ingredients list is a bit vague but i think it best to let you figure out your own personal tastes:
- chicken breast, 1 per adult (thighs or legs or drumsticks would work just as well I’m just definitely a breast person!!)
- spices – bit of smoked paprika, dried coriander, chilli flakes, cumin, salt
- vegetables = red onion cut into chinks, mixed peppers sliced. mushrooms
- sweet potato cut into wedges
- oil (i use coconut oil, i just zap in the microwave quickly to turn into liquid for drizzling)
-marinade chicken in spices with a little oil, better left for a few hours to soak in the flavours but last night i didn’t have time and it still turns out great.
-put chicken into tin foil and add the onions, peppers and mushrooms or whichever veg you are using. Wrap the tinfoil up to make a parcel with the opening at the top so you can check your chicken without the juices running out of the foil!
– drizzle sweet potato with a little coconut oil to help make them crispy when cooked.
-put sweet potato wedges and tinfoil chicken parcels onto a baking tray and cook for around 30 minutes (my oven is electric, i use 190 degrees) or until chicken juices run clear.
Plenty of lean protein from the chicken breast, getting at least 3- if not 4- of your 5 a day from the vegetables and the sweet potato, and also some slow releasing carbs!
Let me know if you try it out, would love to hear your take on the recipe.